Back to main page
iodine - http://code.kryo.se/iodine
2010-02-13: 0.6.0-rc1 "Hotspotify"
- Fixed tunnel not working on Windows.
- Any device name is now supported on Windows, fixes #47.
- Multiple installed TAP32 interfaces are now supported, fixes #46.
- Return nonzero if tunnel fails to open, fixes #62.
- Support for setting a SELinux context, based on patch by
Sebastien Raveau. Sample context file in doc/iodine.te
- Allow listen port and DNS forward port to be the same if listen IP
does not include localhost.
- The client will now exit if configuring IP or MTU fails.
- The starting cache miss value is randomized at startup, fixes #65.
- Raw UDP mode added. If the iodined server is reachable directly,
packets can be sent to it without DNS encoding. Fixes #36.
- Do not overwrite users CC/CFLAGS/LDFLAGS, only add to them.
- Added -F option to write pidfile, based on patch from
misc at mandriva.org. Fixes #70.
- Allow password to be set via environment variable, fixes #77.
Based on patch by logix.
- Client now prints server tunnel IP, fixes #78. Patch by logix.
- Fix build error on Mac OS X 10.6, patch by G. Rischard. #79.
- Added support for CNAME/TXT/A/MX query types, fixes #75.
Patch by Anne Bezemer, merge help by logix.
- Merged low-latency patch from Anne Bezemer, fixes #76.
- Resolve client nameserver argument if given as hostname, fixes #82.
- Open log before chroot, fixes #86: logging on FreeBSD.
2009-06-01: 0.5.2 "WifiFree"
- Fixed client segfault on OS X, #57
- Added check that nameserver lookup was successful
- Fixed ENOTSOCK error on OS X and FreeBSD, #58.
2009-03-21: 0.5.1 "Boringo"
- Added initial Windows support, fixes #43.
- Added length check of autoprobe responses
- Refactored and added unit tests
- Added syslog logging for iodined on version and login packets
- Fixed segfault when encoding just one block, fixes #51.
The normal code was never affected by this.
- Added win32 code to read DNS server from system, fixes #45.
- Disabled password echo on win32, fixes #44.
- Fix encoding error making all autoprobing > 1024 bytes fail, #52.
- Increase default interface MTU to 1200.
- Fix autoprobing error making every third probe fail, set IP flag
Dont-Fragment where supported. Fixes #54.
- Added TAP32 version 0901 as accepted (#53).
2009-01-23: 0.5.0 "iPassed"
- Fixed segfault in server when sending version reject.
- Applied patch to make iodine build on BeOS R5-BONE and Haiku,
from Francois Revol. Still work to do to get tun device working.
- Added capability to forward DNS queries outside tunnel domain to
a nameserver on localhost. Use -b port to enable, fixes #31.
- iodined now replies to NS request on its own domain, fixes issue #33.
The destination IP address is sent as reply. Use -n to specify
a specific IP address to return (if behind NAT etc).
- Upstream data is now Base64 encoded if relay server preserves case and
supports the plus (+) character in domain names, fixes #16.
- Fixed problem in client when DNS trans. ID has highest bit set (#37)
- IP addresses are now assigned within the netmask, so iodined can
use any address for itself, fixes #28.
- Netmask size is now adjustable. Setting a small net will reduce the
number of users. Use x.x.x.x/n notation on iodined tunnel ip.
This fixes #27.
- Downstream data is now fragmented, and the fragment size is auto-
probed after login. Fixes #7. It only took a few years :)
- Enhanced the checks that validates incoming packets
- Fixed endless loop in fragment size autodetection, #39.
- Fixed broken hostname dot placing with specific lengths, #40.
2008-08-06: 0.4.2 "Opened Zone"
- Applied a few small patches from Maxim Bourmistrov and Gregor Herrmann
- Applied a patch for not creating and configuring the tun interface,
Debian bug #477692 by Vincent Bernat, controlled by -s switch
- Applied a security patch from Andrew Griffiths, use setgroups() to
limit the groups of the user
- Applied a patch to make iodine build on (Open)Solaris, from Albert Lee
Needs TUN/TAP driver http://www.whiteboard.ne.jp/~admin2/tuntap/
Still needs more code in tun.c for opening/closing the device
- Added option in server (-c) to disable IP/port checking on packets,
will hopefully help when server is behind NAT
- Fixed bug #21, now only IP address part of each packet is checked.
Should remove the need for the -c option and also work with
bugfixed DNS servers worldwide.
- Added -D option on server to enable debugging. Debug level 1 now
prints info about each RX/TX datagram.
2007-11-30: 0.4.1 "Tea Online"
- Introduced encoding API
- Switched to new Base32 implementation
- Added Base64 implementation that only uses 63 chars (not used yet)
- Refined 'install' make target and use $(MAKE) for recursive calls
- All received error messages (RCODE field) are echoed
- Top domain limited to 128 chars
- Case preservation check sent after login to decide codec
- Fixed crash on incoming NULL query in server with bad top domain
- /etc/resolv.conf is consulted if no nameserver is given on commandline
- Applied patch from Matthew W. S. Bell (Detach before chroot/dropping priv)
2007-03-25: 0.4.0 "Run Home"
- Added multiuser support (up to 8 users simultaneously)
- Added authentication (password entered as argument or on stdin)
- Added manpage
- Added install/uninstall make target
- Cleanup of dns code, more test cases, use check library
- Changed directory structure
- Fixed handshake() buffer overflow
(Found by poplix, Secunia: SA22674 / FrSIRT/ADV-2006-4333)
- Added more tests
- More name parsing enhancements
- Now runs on Linux/AMD64
- Added setting to change server port
- Fixed possible buffer overflow
(Found by poplix, Bugtraq ID: 20883)
- Reworked dns hostname encoding
- Support for NetBSD
- Fixed potential security problems
- Name parsing routines rewritten, added regression tests
- New encoding, 25% more peak upstream throughput
- New -l option to set local ip to listen to on server
- Add Mac OSX support
- Add setting device name
- Use compression of domain name in reply (should allow setting MTU
approx 200 bytes higher)
- First public release
- Support for Linux, FreeBSD, OpenBSD